Top Motivational & Best Keynote Speaker
Who Is Joel?
Why Choose Him As Your Motivational Speaker?
Years of speaking experience:
Twenty years of professional speaking experience, as a both a keynote speaker and a corporate trainer.
Recognized as one of the best:
Acknowledged as one of the top 50 executive coaches in U.S. Global Gurus listed him 14th on its list of top 30 global coaching experts. Forbes rated his company one of “America’s Best Management Consulting Firms.”
Featured in National Media:
Joel has appeared on ABC News, NPR, and in the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, Newsweek, BusinessWeek, Forbes and USA Today.
Subject Matter Expert
Joel is a subject matter expert. Companies from California to the East Coast recognize him as one of the best motivational keynote speakers on:
Convey Confidence and
Command Respect as a Leader
Release Untapped Potential
of Underutilized Leaders
Developing Influential Leaders
Five Traits That Create
Benefit from Joel’s Unique Perspective
What makes Joel a great motivational speaker?
- His speeches and trainings draw on his first-hand experience of working closely with more than 1,800 coaching clients and top executives of the world’s leading companies.
- His twenty years of executive coaching experience have provided him with insights into the secrets of what turns ordinary business professionals into influential leaders and how you can use these secrets to unlock the hidden potential of your most valued resource – your people.
- Joel is well-known as one of the most effective and innovative executive coaches in the country. He’s coached some of the best leaders at world class companies, including: Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, Netflix, Deloitte, IBM, NBC Universal, Gap Inc., Nissan, Amazon, Visa International, Levi Strauss & Company, PricewaterhouseCoopers and New York Times.
What the Audience gains
As a motivational speaker, Joel’s top priority is highly engaged audience participation which happens in an informative and interactive learning environment.
Participants learn key skills, practical tools, unique approaches, and actionable strategies that can be immediately applied to their current work responsibilities.
Here are three important outcomes Joel’s presentations achieve:
- He provides long-term benefits by having his audiences immediately implement the specific action steps and useful tips learned during his presentation. His participants leave with new skills, practical tools, and innovative solutions to their current challenges.
- He empowers his audience with personal insights and the self-confidence to believe they can grow as leaders.
- He inspires participants to make commitments and take action.
Joel’s Dynamic Speaking Style
The best motivational speakers take the time to completely understand the company, division, people, culture, and environment of the audience they will be addressing.
Joel spends an extensive amount of time gathering information, conducting in-depth research, and doing multiple interviews with his client organizations so he can customize each speech or corporate training to meet their specific needs. In addition to spending time with the event coordinators during a pre-event briefing, Joel interviews at least two event participants to gain additional perspective.
Joel learns the key issues confronting employees and is able to integrate their personal stories into his presentation. Each audience is unique, and Joel prides himself on targeting his message, content, and delivery to that uniqueness.
Joel’s work as a great motivational speaker encourages a high degree of audience participation.
People do not just listen—they learn how to take immediate action. Audience involvement occurs during:
- Small and large group peer discussions.
- “Live” sample coaching sessions.
- Entire audience facilitated discussions.
- Exercises with partners and groups.
- Structured individual self-inquiry and reflection.
- Dynamic and interactive sessions with other participants.
- Tips, ideas, and easy-to-implement advice.
- Lecture and discussions on relevant topics.
- Question-and-answer discussion with professional coaching.
Companies from New York to California choose Joel as their keynote speaker.
Why? He has a clear, direct, no-fluff speaking style. He focuses on providing tips, ideas, and easy-to-implement advice that challenges participants at every level within an organization to think in exciting new ways.
Clients Who Have Hired Joel as a Motivational Speaker
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotels
- Warner Bros. Entertainment
- National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Nestle USA
- Shell Chemicals
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Eli Lilly
- Sun Power
- Bank of America
- Marriott Hotels
- Gap Inc.
- Charles Schwab
- Cisco Systems
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- UC Davis ADMAN Annual Conference
- Haas School of Business
- The Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce
- The Kentucky Society of Human Resource Management
- Blue Cross
As a motivational keynote speaker, based in California, Joel has specifically spoken to the following organizations
- The Professional BusinessWomen of California (PBWC) conference – keynote speaker at one of the largest women’s organization of over 35,000 professionals worldwide.
- Motivational speaker at the Commonwealth Club of California
- Keynote speaker at Oracle’s Global Women’s Leadership Summit (OWL).
- Instructor for the UCLA Extension Technical Management Program in Southern California.
An Author with a World-Wide Audience
Joel has written seven books that are read in 25 countries. He was featured in The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching (John Wiley and Sons), and contributed to Leader to Leader – the award-winning quarterly journal launched by the Peter F. Drucker Foundation.
Here are his seven books:
More than 300 articles:
Joel offers free leadership development articles that provide practical, “how-to” information and insights to help you become a leader, boost your career success, or develop effective leaders within your organization.
International Change Management Consultant
Joel has worked as a consultant for two of the top consulting firms in the world:
Ernst & Young in Hong Kong and Accenture in San Francisco.
His background in executive coaching, performance improvement, and change management equips Joel with a well-rounded approach to speaking.
Joel holds a degree in psychology from San Diego State University and has completed a three-year coaching certificate program with Coach University.