The Best Motivational Speakers for Corporate Events
5 Tips to Getting a Great ROI when Hiring Motivational Speakers for Corporate Events
Are you having a hard time deciding between several corporate motivational speakers for your upcoming company event? Perhaps you’re not sure how to choose the one who will best suit your needs? Let’s get right down to business and focus on the bottom line. Sure, you want somebody who can inspire, invigorate, encourage, and motivate, but you also need someone who can boost revenue by cultivating superior employee performance.
Effective motivational speakers are more than just people who know how to fire up an audience and give a good speech. They are workplace experts who have extensive hands-on knowledge.
Moreover, you can’t just pick anyone who calls themselves a motivational speaker to give a presentation to your employees. Here are five tips to help you choose the best motivational speaker for your corporate event:
- Perform a background check. If you’ve already jotted down some names of motivational speakers for your corporate event, do your due diligence to learn everything you can about them. Go online and check out their experience, credentials, and testimonials. Make sure the speaker you choose understands the audience you have in mind. The speaker who motivates your sales force might not be the right choice for high-level executives.
- Find an established author and expert. Check on whether the people you’re considering are both inspirational speakers and authors. If you find that a professional speaker has authored one or more books, order and read one. This will help you ascertain the knowledge and experience of the person you’re potentially hiring. Look for testimonials penned by others, which indicate that you’ve found a winner.
- See them in action. As you’re narrowing down your search for the ideal inspirational business speaker, check on whether your potential choices offer any videos on their website or have a YouTube channel that shows them speaking. A video can give you a sneak peak at the speakers’ stage presence, language, and energy—and how they’ll come across to the audience.
- Keep your goal in mind. Sure, effective professional speakers can have many years of experience and great credentials under their belt, but are they capable of presenting practical tips and tools that your employees can use as soon as they get back to their desks? You’re looking for more than just charisma, inspiration, and motivation. You’re looking for a motivational speaker who has the right strategies to fire up your employees, drive them to take positive action, and help them with career success.
- Look at who’s in their client list. If you’re a Fortune 500 company holding an event for top-level executives, you want someone who knows what it takes to speak at a gathering of that caliber. Most professional speakers will showcase a list of their top clients and offer client testimonials on their website. Pay attention to the names on that list. If many familiar names stand out, chances are this is a speaker who’s in demand by top-notch companies.
If you’re contemplating hiring a professional speaker for your next convention, conference, or special event, let’s talk. I’ll focus not only on the presentation at hand but also on the long-term benefits I can provide your employees, in the form of step-by-step actions they can start implementing immediately. Your employees will leave with innovative skills, leadership training, and progressive strategies to better handle everyday challenges they face in the workplace.
I understand the importance of your bottom line. Through extensive research, I’ll customize my presentation to fit your audience and address any key issues your employees have to boost performance levels, motivate your team, and deliver results. Covering topics from leadership development to time management skills, I know how to get the results you’re looking for.
Hire Joel Garfinkle for a speaking engagement and see for yourself why he is one of the most sought-after motivational and professional speakers.
Copyright © 2012 Joel Garfinkle, All Rights Reserved. Joel Garfinkle is recognized as one of the top 50 coaches in the U.S., and the author of 7 books, including Getting Ahead: Three Steps to Take Your Career to the Next Level. He has worked with many of the world’s leading companies, including Google, Deloitte, Amazon, Ritz-Carlton, Gap, Cisco, Oracle, and many more. Subscribe to his Fulfillment at Work Newsletter and receive the FREE e-book, "41 Proven Strategies to Get Promoted Now!"
This article may be reprinted or forwarded to colleagues and friends as long as the above copyright notice and contact information is attached in its entirety. If you reprint this article, please advise us that you have done so and forward a copy of the article, or a link to the web page where the article can be viewed, to Joel Garfinkle.